5 Mistakes to Avoid When Losing Fat & Building Muscle
The best way to lose weight is to lessen your calorie consumption. However, if you want to build muscle, you need to actually eat more calories while training. Sometimes, it can be difficult to find the balance between both. And trying to do both at the same - lose weight and build muscle - is difficult, but not impossible. By avoiding some common mistakes, you can still maintain muscle while losing fat. Here, we will discuss a few of them:
- Avoid dropping your calories too low, as doing so will only make you lose both muscle and fat. It’s advised to eat more calories around your workouts to fuel your body and give you energy.
- Also be sure to eat enough protein! Following a high-protein diet can help maintain muscle and boost metabolism while reducing hunger. Carbs and fat are also important in your diet, but it is protein that plays an important part in your training.
- It’s also important to do strength training in order to build muscle. Weights you lift should be heavy enough to challenge your muscles, thus allowing you to tone and build them.
- Next, limit doing high intensity cardio - although it doesn’t necessarily hinder muscle growth, it can often leave you hungry and may counter your resistance training.
- Lastly, make sure to get enough rest! It’s important to rest in order to gain back your energy and refuel.